The holidays are coming, so come on by the library to stock up on books, manga, graphic novels, or even FREE BOOKS THAT YOU CAN KEEP! You want to have something to do while you're sitting around digesting all that amazing food.
Also, don't forget that we have codes for the OPEN EBOOKS app. You can download it FREE to any smart phone, use the code, and read any books available with no late fee or cost to you. Just ask at the library desk.
We've made more seating available in the quiet area of the library. Please feel free to check it out in the back nonfiction room. Remember, this is the ONLY place in the library where you cannot talk. This is out of respect for those who need quiet to study or read.
Would you like to explore future careers? Our library has some amazing resources. Go to ONLINE DATABASES (above left) and click on SALEM PRESS CAREERS (password is montevista). You can explore almost any career in the ebooks available there.
Also, PrepStep, our new database, has extensive, downloadable interactive books for thousands of interesting careers. Make an account (FREE!) in PrepStep and go exploring!
PrepStep is a new feature this year in the ONLINE DATABASES
You can do all of the following things (and more!)
- read and download current info on thousands of careers!
- take assessment tests to see which career suits you
- prepare for AP, SAT, ACT and PSAT with practice tests
- search for college programs that suit your needs
- get help with math and English skills
- take real tests for real careers -- see how you would do on the actual tests, including for the military!
*Follow all Monte Vista school rules.
*No food or drink except water is allowed. Feel free to PARK your food on the cart near the door.
*No personal hygiene, including make-up, perfume, lotion, gel, etc.
* MODULATE YOUR VOICE! Other people are trying to work!
Are you going to take an AP Test? Getting ready for SATs or ACTs? ASVAB? You can do FREE test prep on the library database PREP STEP site. PREP STEP LINK
YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO USE IT.