Three Main Components of the West Hills Library
- Physical Resources - The Susan Arthur Library Learning Commons is a student-centered facility located in the heart of the West Hills High School campus. The library serves as a common classroom space for all students, teachers, and staff. During its open hours, the physical library provides:
- Study space for students during and outside of assigned class time
- Print book collection available for checkout
- Computers for individual use and class sign-up by teachers
Professional Guidance - The Library Learning Commons is staffed with a credentialed teacher librarian and a technology specialist. There are also extended library hours provided.
- Information literacy support with an emphasis on the development of research and critical thinking skills
- Literacy enrichment to encourage students to become lifelong readers and learners
- Check out up to 5 books at a time.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks.
- Renew books before the due date to avoid overdue fines.
- Printing (black and white) is free for school assignments.
- Color prints are 25 cents per page.
- Author Visits
- Readers and Writers Club (Student-hosted site) - The Readers and Writers Club meets in the library every Wednesday at lunch. Join the club to read and discuss new fiction books, write reviews, and post your opinions. The club also plans author visits and community events.
- Freethinkers Club
- Chess Club