Hey, remember how at the beginning of the year we decided there would be no more late fees for late books (unless they were lost)? That's fantastic, right?
Yeah, except that now people are just not returning their books. We have more than 400 overdue books at this moment, and people are often waiting for those books to be returned so they can read them.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- If you need to keep a book, please come in and renew it for another three weeks
- IF YOU ARE FINISHED WITH A BOOK, PLEASE RETURN IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
- If you've really lost a book, please see the librarian. You can replace it more cheaply than you can pay the fine the system will assess you automatically.
THE QUIET ZONE!
NOW with groovy cafe lighting! We've made more seating available in the quiet area of the library. Please feel free to check it out in the back nonfiction room. Remember, this is the ONLY place in the library where you cannot talk. This is out of respect for those who need quiet to study or read.
Would you like to explore future careers? Our library has some amazing resources. Go to ONLINE DATABASES (above left) and click on SALEM PRESS CAREERS (password is montevista). You can explore almost any career in the ebooks available there.
Also, PrepStep, our new database, has extensive, downloadable interactive books for thousands of interesting careers. Make an account (FREE!) in PrepStep and go exploring!
PrepStep is a new feature this year in the ONLINE DATABASES
You can do all of the following things (and more!)
- read and download current info on thousands of careers!
- take assessment tests to see which career suits you
- prepare for AP, SAT, ACT and PSAT with practice tests
- search for college programs that suit your needs
- get help with math and English skills
- take real tests for real careers -- see how you would do on the actual tests, including for the military!
*Follow all Monte Vista school rules.
*No food or drink except water is allowed. Feel free to PARK your food on the cart near the door.
*No personal hygiene, including make-up, perfume, lotion, gel, etc.
* MODULATE YOUR VOICE! Other people are trying to work!
Are you going to take an AP Test? Getting ready for SATs or ACTs? ASVAB? You can do FREE test prep on the library database PREP STEP site. PREP STEP LINK
YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO USE IT.
Grossmont Union High School District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on age, gender, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics. (GUHSD Board Policy 5145.3) 4119.26 BP Employee/Student Interaction Policy Additional non-discrimination and related policies